Buitenactiviteiten: tips voor hosts van ervaringen
We partnered with the Adventure Travel Trade Association, leaders in adventure travel, to provide safety recommendations and best practices to help you host an experience that has an outdoor activity.
Make your experience description great
Take time to consider what makes your outdoor experience fun—and safe.
- Clearly outline if there are health, fitness, or other requirements needed
- Provide details about the length of time, intensity levels, and skills required
- Get detailed about possible weather conditions and the expected terrain
- Include information about the modes of travel involved
Communication is key
Some guests may be going on an experience for the first time, so communication is important for a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Once someone books, you can message to say hi, and help your guests feel welcome and prepared
- Let them know that you’re available to answer any questions
- Ask if there are any health concerns that may affect their participation, such as food allergy or a heart condition
Prepare guests before they arrive
Make sure guests know what to expect before the day.
- Provide a list of equipment, such as insect repellent or more specialized equipment
- Suggest good footwear, food, and water
- Let them know about transport, parking, and bathroom facilities
- Share info about cell coverage at your destination, if possible
Have the right gear
Your experience is about to start! Now’s your last chance to double-check that everyone is prepared.
- If you’re providing gear make sure it’s in good condition, clean and dry, and fits each guest properly
- Check guests packs, shoes, and other gear to make sure it’s in good shape
- Carry—and know how to use—an extensive first aid kit for stabilizing an injured guest and safely evacuating them
The ATTA recommends that all guests and Hosts engaging in an experience prepare an emergency plan.
- Have a clear itinerary, include specific information about what to do if a guest is lost or injured
- Understand the route well and have back-up plans in case the planned route cannot be accessed
- Maintain cleanliness in food preparation and for using the bathroom
- Constantly monitor participants’ well-being and address their needs
- Practice your emergency action plan as well as how to evacuate a guest if the unexpected happens
- Remember, there are no penalties for cancelling an experience for emergency, weather, or safety issues
Keep the community in mind
As a Host of an experience, you have a great opportunity to give back to the local environment and community. One of the ways to do this is to share any local rules or etiquette around the activity of your experience with your guests. You can also look out for your local environment by reducing waste, recycling, and giving back to people in the community.
Activity-specific tips for Hosts
These articles can help you prepare for specific outdoor activities:
- Off-roading (ATV or 4x4)
- Hang gliding and paragliding
- Horseback riding
- Overland expeditions
- Rock climbing
Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA): Courtesy of the Adventure Travel Trade Association. ©2021 Adventure Travel Trade Association. All rights reserved.
The Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) name is used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement or vetting of, express or implied, of any product, service, person, company, opinion or political position. The ATTA does not select or approve, and is not involved in the selection or approval of, Airbnb Experiences or Hosts. For more information about the Adventure Travel Trade Association, visit adventuretravel.biz.
- Samenvatting van het programma voor de Aansprakelijkheidsverzekering voor ervaringenInformatie over dit essentiële onderdeel van AirCover voor hosts: volledige bescherming voor hosts op Airbnb.
- Host van ervaringVervoer voor ervaringenWetten, regels en vergunningen: met behulp van deze nuttige informatie weet je precies wat er in jouw regio wordt verwacht van hosts van Air…
- LeipzigWil je Airbnb-host worden? Hier vind je informatie over de huidige wetgeving in jouw stad.