Herons Place is a beautiful, spacious villa with astounding mountain scenes viewable from under the roof of its large, south facing patio. It is based in the spectacular heart of Slovenia, ideally situated for great day trips throughout the Country.
The house has a pleasantly furnished lounge, a good sized kitchen diner and a large dining room. Because it is such a sun-trap and has spectular views, from May to September guests usually prefer to spend most of their time relaxing on the covered terrace around the big table or in one of the two gardens. Two sunloungers are available for sunbathing. There are hundreds of dvds and cds and various family oriented games and books available if you wish to stay inside during the evening. Two old bikes should be in the garage. Guests are encouraged to give the bikes some basic maintenance if they want to use them, such as pumping up their tyres. The washing machine and portable bar b q are also in the garage.
Toegang voor gasten
Guests can access all parts of the house and gardens except the smaller reception room. However this room is opened in colder months when the large wood fired stove is needed for warmth.
Andere dingen waar je op moet letten
The stairs to the first floor are alpine syle and are quite steep so they may not be suitable for people of limited mobility. There should be a stair gate available under one of the beds but guests should take responsiblity for their children's safety.
We have undertaken risk assessments and sought to minimize the chance of any accidents as far as is practical. However, we expect guests to behave responsibility and look after their own and their children's safety - particularly in and around the wood sheds and the garage where there may be stored tools, sharp pieces of wood and dangerous substances, such as petrol for the lawnmower,
There is a fully refundable €300 cash deposit required on arrival which is paid to the onsite house manager who will give you a receipt.
• We will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of any person nor any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property which the tenant or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of or in any way connected with the letting or resulting from any other cause whatsoever. We advise you to arrange your own insurance to cover yourselves and your personal belongings whilst staying at the property.
• The tenant agrees to keep the property and all fittings, furniture equipment and other contents in or on the property in a like state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the letting and will make good (or will arrange with us to make good) any damage, breakage, or loss that may occur during the period of letting.
• Tenants should normally expect to leave the house by 10:00am the morning after the last night to allow for cleaning and preparation for any follow on guests.
• The tenants agree not to smoke, nor to allow smoking, inside the house at any time. If this is not strictly adhered to it may lead to a deduction from the security deposit.
• Tenants are asked to leave the property clean and tidy and to ensure that they take all belongings with them. On your day of departure there is only time for a superficial check and a general clean. We rely upon the goodwill of our guests whose co-operation we greatly appreciate.
Joop is the helpful house manager and is available throught your stay for support. He is from Holland has lived near Herons Place for 18 years. He speaks English, Dutch, German and Slovene.