On the beautiful and historic Lydney Park Estate with lovely views of the surrounding countryside and the River Severn. The perfect country retreat. Only an hour's drive from Cardiff, Bristol, Gloucester and Cheltenham.
If you're looking for a quiet country get-away or somewhere to stay while you sample the many delights of the Cotswolds, then this the perfect location for you. The property is situated on Lydney Park Estate which holds glorious views of the surrounding countryside. As you drive through the estate you'll notice the deer grazing in the park. As well as the numerous pheasants that roam the estate and occasionally visit our garden.
The property is a self-contained, spacious, first floor flat. Newly refurbished with one double-bedroom, bathroom and a fully furnished open plan kitchen and lounge. There's also a small garden should you wish to sit outside.
The flat is attached to the Old Coach House, our family home. The building is over 200 years old and was originally used to house the carriages and drivers of the estates residents and guests.
There's a great deal to do in the surrounding area, including:
- Taurus Crafts (Collection of artisan businesses and craft workshops.)
- Lydney Park Estate Gardens(open certain times in year)
- Bathurst Open Air Pool (Opposite the Estate entrance)
- Forest of Dean (Great for cycling and long walks!)
- Puzzlewood (Famous filming location for films such as Star Wars and Harry Potter)
- Clearwell Caves
- Beechenhurst Lodge (Perfect for family activities)
- Chepstow Castle
- Trips to Cheltenham for the races
- Retail therapy in Cardiff
- Clay Pigeon Shooting
- Symonds Yat (A source of breathtaking views, beautiful walks and cannoeing down the River Wye)
- Malvern Hills (Stunning views of surrounding counties along with numerous events and activities through out the year.)
- Plenty of pubs and restaurants to sample.
Toegang voor gasten
The flat has its own private entrance. As the flat is on the first floor it is not suitable for people unable to use stairs.
Interactie met gasten
We work from home so we'll be next door and available to answer any questions or queries you may have. We’re also happy to advise you on any of the wonderful locations and activities in the area. If there's anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable please let us know.
Andere dingen waar je op moet letten
Baby's cot is available.
Bunk Beds available on request for children.
Children under twelve years old stay free of charge.
Collect and drop off at Lydney railway station offered.
Safe storage for bicycles
Check Out: 10:00AM -
Please be respectful of the grounds and the privacy of the neighbours.
Please do not use candles in the flat.