Enjoy the sights and sounds of the Monadnock region as you stay with us in our luxurious home, which sits on 16 acres of forest on a private lake, less than a mile from the Monadnock Mountain base. Sleep in in the Master Suite; have breakfast in our Brazilian marble and cherrywood kitchen; have a cup of coffee as you sit on the outside deck, or in the upper loft enjoying the view of the lake; walk along the lake or enjoy an evening down at the fire pit. Perfect for recreation and retreat.
This 4000 sq. ft. home in the woods provides two completely separate residences on the two levels of the house, both with private entrances.
Our guests will stay on and have exclusive use of the main floor of the house, which provides a beautiful master suite w/ ensuite bathroom with 2-person shower and separate bathtub, huge walk-in closet, large open-concept living and dining rooms with Bowling Green ambience and dark leather furniture, and a gourmet kitchen with Brazilian marble countertops and cherry cabinetry throughout. A second floor loft provides additional private space for reading, meditating, or watching movies on its 60" Sony flatscreen TV; and offers a beautiful view of the lake.
Toegang voor gasten
Our guests will have full use of the entire floor and all listed above. Kitchen access is available for breakfast as well as light cooking in the evening. Back deck, yard, and firepit are also for their use.
(Because this is a private home, only those in the confirmed reservation may enter and make use of the house. Hosting company or parties is unfortunately not allowed.)
Interactie met gasten
Guests will be welcomed by a bottle of wine and introductory letter with more details regarding the house and the surrounding community. If we are on site when you arrive, we will welcome you in person and be available to provide a wealth of information on how to enjoy the Monadnock region.
Andere dingen waar je op moet letten
Hiking is a big draw at Mt. Monadnock, and we are less than a mile from more than one trail going up to the peak, and only two miles from the main entrance to Monadnock State Park, which provides several other trails of varying difficulty levels. We are also just down the road from Little Monadnock and Gap Mountain, for shorter and/or easier hikes. A kayak is also down at the like for guest's use during the warmer months. We are between 10 and 15 minutes from several other lakes suitable for swimming, fishing, boating and picnicking.
There are no unique needs we have of our guests in terms of house rules, but we would like to highlight the ones below:
(1) We ask that guests remove their shoes when coming into the house, regardless of the season or outside weather.
(2) No guests that are not part of the confirmed reservation are allowed to join you in the house or on the property, without our knowledge and permission.
(3) We ask guests to be aware of the care of the wooden floors and furniture in the house, and use coasters and placemats (provided by us) to protect them from stains or watermarks.
(4) Because the lower level of the house is our private residence, guests are asked to maintain noise levels when in the home respectful of that fact.
(5) Noise levels on the outside deck and down at the fire pit must be kept very low after 12 midnight.
(6) Finally, confirmed guests are expected to read and review our House Manual on this listing prior to arriving. In it we share more about the home and property itself, ways to take advantage of it during your stay, and our needs regarding care of the house, privacy, etc.
We are a friendly, professional couple from New England. I (Derek) am a seminary doctoral grad that works as a leadership development consultant for religious non-profits, and in my spare time am an avid travel and outdoorsman, and an amateur collector of wine. Hunter (my partner) is in the hospitality industry (great for hosting on here, huh?) and a coffee connoisseur.
We're big into the outdoors -- hiking, camping, kayaking, biking, the beach -- and are enthusiastic world travelers (when we can) and are avid conversationalists. Wine, espresso and dark chocolate are our vices.... if that info is helpful at all.
One of Derek's favorite quotes: "Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart, and try to love the questions themselves." (R.M. Rilke)