Walle's Place on Horseshoe Lake is ideal to kick back and relax; a comfortable retreat close to Anchorage for easy access but far enough to escape.
Apartment is fully equipped for weekenders or long stay. All you provide is food and clothes.
In summer birds nest and live on the lake. Moose, fox, snowshoe rabbits are in residence year round.
The lake has public boat launch and access to the winter trail system. Walle's Place is good for couples, solo adventurers, and business travelers.
Walle's Place is located on the north shore of Horseshoe Lake. It has a Public boat launch and is one of several lakes on a canoe trail. There's also easy access to the Big Lake Trail System for walking, snow machining and cross country skiing.
The view from apartment deck encompasses the Chugach Mountains to the east, Talkeetna Mountains to the north, and Alaska Mountains to the west. The property's north 5 acres is treed and partially cleared for wildlife viewing from the deck. Moose browse the trees. Its part of a fox's trap line. Bunnies are everywhere this year.
Toegang voor gasten
The 1000 sf apartment is locate above the garage. Park under the carport and access the apartment at the rear of the garage with its own coded private entrance.
Access to the yard and lake is located at the fence along gravel path. Guest are welcome to enjoy the yard, lake front, picnic table, fire pit, and dock. A new dock is currently under construction.
Watercraft is not included in the rental or available to guests. A paddle boat and life jackets are on the premises if guests care to barrow it with signed waiver.
From the rock/flower beds to the right of gravel path and toward the house are private. You are welcome to enjoy the raspberries and garden, and view the honey bees with permission. Moose and rabbits occasionally wander into the yard and the garden must be shut at all times. They consider it their farmer's market!
Interactie met gasten
We live in the house on premises and available for questions, tips, assistance and general socializing. If we are cooking an Alaskan fish, game meal, harvested berry or veggie you may receive an invitation to join us.
When the lake is calm we take the floating barge out on the lake in the evening. You are welcome to join us.
Walle is a dog and greets everyone with barking. He is timid at first but loves people. His job is to watch over his domain. He loves the lake and back yard but also loves to walk himself. Gates must be closed at all times.
Sinclair is a white cat with black spots. He generally ignores humans.
Neither animal is allowed in the apartment.
I've compiled a list of good places to eat and fun things to do in the Matanuska-Susitna Valley (where we live) and in Anchorage. Please email a request for an MSWord doc.
Andere dingen waar je op moet letten
There are many things to experience in Alaskan throughout the winter!
- NO SMOKING anywhere on the premises.
- Occupancy is limited to 4
- Check-in time is after 3:00 pm. Check-out time is at or before 11:00 am.
- Key code to the apartment will be provided upon arrival unless other arrangements have been made
- Apartment is equipped with HDTV, DVD player and a selection of DVD's.
- Kitchen has everything you need to make a home-cooked meal.
- Outside balcony has an electric grill.
- One bedroom has a queen-size luxury bed with built-in dressers, walk-in closet, and full-length mirror.
- One bedroom has a full-size luxury bed with built-in dressers, walk-in closet, and full-length mirror.
- A picnic table and chairs are provided overlooking the lake.
- Outside fire pit with wood is provided.
- If you have a fire, please keep it small and be sure to put it out completely when you are done with it.
- NO PETS are allowed at anytime on the property. Our dog, Walle, loves people but is skittish with newcomers and has no tolerance for other dogs.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 PM - 8:00 AM.
- NO SHOES in apartment. Please remove at door.
- NO SMOKING or ILLEGAL DRUGS.
- No Children.
- If you wish to have guests visit you here, we will consider this on an individual basis.
- Watercraft and life jackets available to responsible guests with signed waiver.
- Covered parking is provided.
- Keep gates locked at all times.
- Please return towels to the apartment before you leave. There will be a $10 fee for each missing towel.
- We are excited to host you and hope you enjoy your stay!