Our loved home can be filled with adrenaline day skiing, ice climbing, hiking, also romantic for two or safe and family friendly. The Lake Hawea is only 2 minuts away. You can curled up beside a roaring fire, glass of wine in hand and watch the view.
Thanks to the modern rustic and charming style is your holiday dream coming true.
During the wintertime our fire place will make the house toasty, heaters, hot water bottle and double glazed windows.... what else to wish for, after the day skiing on the slopes? Just glass of wine maybe?
Also there will be plenty of outdoor tips as both owners are really outdoorsy people :)
Toegang voor gasten
Lake Hawea is only 2 minutes walk away from the house, local store 5 minutes by car and Wanaka only 15 minutes.
OFF STREET PARKING for 1 car
- skifields 30 minutes (Cardrona and Treble Cone), 1 1/4 hours Queenstown (skifields Remarkables and Coronet Peak)
- ice climbing in Wye Creak 1 1/2 hours to Remarkables and hike / snowshoe / skin up
- climbing: there is plenty of climbing around Wanaka and Queenstown
- heli skiing / snwbrding
- mt biking: Wanaka: Sticky forest, Deans banks track and more, Queenstown: Coronet Peak, Arrowtown, Gondola
- kayaking: river wave only 10 minutes drive from the house and you can hire a kayak in Wanaka
- surfing: river wave as above
- paddle boarding in Wanaka
- kite surfing: Lake Hawea, Dublin Bay (less wind, shallow water)
- paragliding: soaring Lake Hawea, flying of Brest Peak, Treble Cone, Coronet Peak (Q), Gondola (Q)
- skydiving in Wanaka
- swimming even with kids (Dublin Bay is lovely, warm and shallow)
- horse riding
.... and more to do in this location. We will help you with any info we are able :)
Interactie met gasten
The host will be available on the cell phone all the time.
Andere dingen waar je op moet letten
The unit itself is 50m2, so it may or may not be enough for a group of four, decide for yourself.
- please no shoes in the house
- two rooms, one is with double bed and second with bunk beds
- spare down duvets and pillows for each person
- well equipped kitchen
- wc is separated from the bathroom, shower with great pressure (not renovated, but clean)
- bbq is handy
- no TV as we thought it is not needed
- wifi is fast and unlimited
- fire place makes it very easy to heat up the whole unit, but please, use it only in case, you know how and are experienced to do so. If not, please contact us and we can discuss help with fire place.
- dining table with 2 chairs + 2 bar stools in case of 4 people are staying. Also the balcony area with table and 4 chairs can be used to dine.
- This charming cottage is our home and we open our home to you with expectation you will treat it like we do: with respect to our neighbours (no parties), use eco products, recycle rubbish and look after our furnitures and the entire house.
- No shoes inside the house.
- The fire place to be used only if you are experienced, in other case, please contact us and we will happily explain how it works.
- Apartment must be left tidy and undamaged rubbish put outside in bins provided and any dishes washed. No Smoking, No Pets. Any damage or theft will be claimed.
- We do not accept guests to be changing in the house during the say.
- Please be mindull while using the power equipment, the electricity is very expensive in NZ.
- In return, we will be happy to help you with any of your questions, guide books, entertainment and be on the phone ready to help.
Vanaf 1 december 2017 - 28 februari 2018 geldt er een minimumverblijf van 4 nachten.