Note: Please drop us a message before booking the property as we need to double check availability with the owner. You can go ahead with the booking after we confirm so that your reservation is not Declined.
La Bagatelle Villa is located off of the Anse Chastanet road in Soufriere, St. Lucia, West Indies. It is a two storey house facing southwest and has marvelous views of the famous Piton mountains, the sea and the neighbouring island of St. Vincent is visible on clear days.
The villa was completely reconstructed in 1999 and features greenheart wood floors, Italian tiled bathrooms, two large bedrooms with antique West Indian four poster beds, antique tables and armoires. The walls and ceilings have been painted a blend of soft greys, off whites and whites. The total habitable space is 5400 sq.ft.
The living room, pool and kitchen are upstairs. The living room is 2200 sq. ft. with two settees covered in Ian Mankin fabric with large soft cushions. There are various chairs and extra tables scattered around the outer terrace. The pool is 18ftx10ft and has a clay tiled terrace to the side for the cushioned pool loungers. It is always possible to sit in the shade if you prefer. There is a four poster day bed for reading and napping upstairs and a bathroom by the pool.
The kitchen is completely equipped with a large fridge, gas stove, toaster, china, glassware etc for eight. The staff have there own bathroom in the pantry area of the kitchen.
The bedrooms are downstairs and the pale blue room has two antique four poster beds. One is a double (4ft6") and the other is a queen size (5ft6"). There is an old cane chaise lounge, carved cheval mirror, red cedar chest of drawers and a Chinese carpet on the hardwood floor. The adjoining bathroom has a shower and two sinks plus a closet for hanging clothes. Both bedrooms have ceiling fans and the windows and doors have moveable wooden louvers. The master bedroom has a 6ftx7ft king size West Indian four poster bed, two antique bedside tables, cheval mirror, red cedar armoire and Chinese rug. The bathroom is very large with a closet for linens and clothes, Italian tiled shower and large tiled countertop space.
The gardens around the house have been replanted with bougainvillea growing up the walls, poinsettias, pink and white vincas, white and blue thunbergia blossoms hanging along the railings, fragrant white ginger lilies and bamboo.
The owners of La Bagatelle live next door and their tennis court below the house is available to you.
The price includes a maid and a cook, plus a man who will take care of the pool and garden.
Anse Chastanet beach is a five minute drive and has superb diving facilities. The snorkeling just off the beach is a protected marine park. The Soufriere area of St. Lucia is the most beautiful part of the island with its Sulphur Springs, Botanical Gardens and Mineral Baths, rain forest and unspoiled coastline. This villa is perfect for people who appreciate natural beauty and lovely surroundings.
Staff are not optional, they must come at least every other day to clean the villa. Maid/cook Verlinda, 9 am - 3 pm, Monday to Saturday. Due to condition of access road - jeep rental essential.
There is a no smoking policy in place at this villa. Smoking is permitted in the open living room area and around the pool ONLY.
Please note that the rates of this villa are subject to 10% VAT.
Please note that our housekeepers are not trained nannies and should not be expected to look after and/or babysit infants and children. If you do make babysitting arrangements with the staff, please be advised this is at your own risk.
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately, or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund.
2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserve the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour.
3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner.
5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.
Let's face it, selecting a vacation rental these days can be a daunting task. Major websites offer thousands of options in each destination but often there are rate discrepancies and duplicate listings, begging the question: who manages the rental and meets me upon arrival with the keys?
We are a dedicated booking agency partnered with the top professionally managed vacation rentals around the globe ensuring you secure your dream villa at the lowest possible rate. After processing your reservation, we put you directly in touch with the experts on the ground to coordinate your arrival and take care of other requests such as car rentals, pre-stocking of food & beverage, restaurant reservations, etc.