Our adorable 200 year old cottage, La Maison Tranquille, is to be found in the Loire countryside surrounded by old woodlands, rolling hills and farmland. Our family's second home for more than 20 yrs, we were attracted immediately by both the privacy and tranquility this home from home offers. We are sure you too will appreciate it. The cottage is on two floors & is surrounded by a delightful sunny garden, which has been planted with sweet-scented flowers, aromatic herbs and fruit trees.
The cottage is generously equipped and furnished. It is heated both by electric radiators and a large woodburning stove. Wood is included in the price.
* Kitchen : large enough to eat in (seating for 4 provided), large kitchen/breakfast table and seating provided and is well equipped with fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, gas cooker and oven. A keen cook has stocked this kitchen with every possible utensil you would hope to find!
* Sittingroom : the focal point of this large room is the open stone fireplace, with wood burning stove. French doors leading to the back of the house and open onto the sunny private garden. Comfy sofas and armchairs for relaxing and elm refectory table and benches seating 8 comfortably are available for indoor dining. We have added two chairs made of chestnut this year.
* Shower room : large walk-in shower, bidet, wash-basin and mirrored cabinet
* WC : separate from shower room.
* Cave which stores games, bikes x 2 and tumble drier
* Bedroom 1 : twin cherrywood sleigh beds.
* Bedroom 2 : king size bed
* Landing : a single bed in spacious area.
There is also a DVD player, an iPod dock , a hifi system: there are a stock of DVDs and CDs for your pleasure, board games, books in both French and English and two adult bikes available. The cave houses the tumble drier , outdoor games and the bikes. Bedrooms feature original exposed oak beams.
Toegang voor gasten
The whole cottage and garden will be yours exclusively to relax and enjoy.
Interactie met gasten
Our friends, Martine and Jean-Luc, who will provide the key and introduce you to the cottage, will be happy to help you with anything that may arise during your stay. Should you need help booking events or adventures locally they will be delighted to help. In addition, I am available by email/phone for anything else that may arise. Please let us know immediately should there be anything amiss. We would intend to rectify quickly any issue presented to us to allow you to have a relaxing time here in this beautiful part of France.
There will be a welcome pack of wine, nibbles and chocolate on your arrival - all French of course!
In addition, there will be an initial supply of toilet roll, kitchen roll, shower gel, soap powder, softener and hand wash - enough to get you started on your holiday!