It is 650 sq feet of open living space with a full bath, queen size bed, living area and full size kitchen on the second floor of our carriage house. It is private. There is a deck with wonderful views of boating and sunsets.
Normally the weather is sunny with a nice breeze and very few bugs.
We are located between two very popular YMCA camps in the area, close to the ferry system taking you Beaufort, Emerald Isle and Morehead City and close to New Bern. In addition, you can walk the beaches looking for shark teeth and shells.
Toegang voor gasten
In addition to the private living quarters, you will have access to a grill, picnic tables, dock, and sandy bottom beach for sun bathing, swimming or just relaxing.
Andere dingen waar je op moet letten
We have two small King Charles Cavalier dogs, who are very friendly. You are welcome to bring a small pet but will be responsible for any issues.
We have also put in a pickle ball court. Lots of fun.
We are on the "Inner Banks" of NC on the Neuse River with awesome fishing, boating, sailing, hunting, biking... outdoor adventures await just outside your doorstep. The Souther Outer Banks (Atlantic Beach and Emerald Isle) is an hour away and the Norther Outer Banks are 3 hours away.
The cottage is fully furnished and bed linens, bath towels are provided. The kitchen is stocked with everything for cooking, but food. No dishwasher.
Please bring personal toiletries, paper products, soaps, shampoos, and pool or beach towels.
We are very laid back but expect our guests to respect and take care of our property.
- The house address is 643 Raymond Dr, Arapahoe, NC 28510
- 2 night minimum stay
- CHECK IN 4:00PM/ CHECK OUT 11:00AM.
- No Smoking inside the carriage house.
- Quiet expected after 11:00 PM
- A well behaved dog is allowed and it is expected that you will pick up after your dog. If your dog goes in the river or on the beach, please rinse and dry off before bringing back into the carriage house. We charge $25 per dog for your stay. Additional pet fees may apply if repair or additional cleaning is required.
- For the safety of your dog and others, all dogs are to be on a leach when outside. Our dogs are managed through an invisible fence. Please pick up after your pet, both inside and out.
- Check Out list below MUST be followed
- WiFi is available in the carriage house
- Feedback is appreciated! Please let us know if there is anything that is missing in the carriage house that would make your stay more enjoyable.
CHECK OUT (11:00 AM)
We often have people checking in the same day you are checking out, so when you check out, please do the following:
- Put all used linens (towels, sheets, and kitchen clothes) in a pile so we know what needs washing
- Clean dishes or have them drying.
- Wipe down, kitchen, fridge and bathrooms and sweep the floor if it is dirty
- Try to leave the furniture and décor where it was when you arrived.
- Put all trash in the kitchen trash can or take to the large green trash can by the house garage.
- Accidents happen, we understand that, but please make us aware of anything that has been damaged. A replacement fee may apply.
- If you are leaving and we are not around, leave the keys on the kitchen island and keep the door unlocked.
- Additional cleaning fees may apply if check out rules are not followed.
We live in the main house on the property and are generally available for questions. We can provide directions and area recommendations.
I am a retired IT professional who loves the outdoors, boating, nature, camping, traveling, grandchildren and quilting. My husband, Bill, is also retired and he loves fishing, crabbing, bird watching and decoy carving. We love to meet new people and introduce them to the wonderful lifestyle in coastal North Carolina.
We love to have visitors but let them have their own space.
"Everyday is a wonderful day, especially in paradise."